If you’re like a lot of physicians, it can be scary to take a big leap from your secure job into something totally new. You don’t want to make a mistake or jeopardize your financial security. What if you could test drive a career idea before risking the family farm? My guest, pediatric cardiologist Dr. Sue MacLellan-Tobert, joins us to talk about how to do a test drive to explore a potential career direction or interest. She also shares how her own test drive led to work she loves as a physician coach.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Sue MacLellan-Tobert’s experience doing her own test drive
- How Sue’s test drive led to a great opportunity in her academic institution
- Dr. MacLellan-Tobert’s 3-step process for implementing a test drive
- Plan your test drive
- Figure out how make time
- Evaluate your learning and experience
- How Sue involved her family in planning her test drive
- The coaching Sue does in her institution and for private clients that resulted from her test drive
Links for this episode:
The Healing Edge – Learn more about the individual and group coaching Sue offers for physicians.
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’re considering a career transition, LinkedIn is a great resource. My self-paced video course shows you how to create a compelling profile, network successfully, and be strategic in searching for and applying to jobs. Use the code “2021” for 20% off. Good until December 31st at midnight!
Podcast episodes on possible test drive areas
Being and Entrepreneur
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: