Not everyone who attends medical school goes on to do a residency. And for different reasons, not all physicians finish a residency. What kind of opportunities are available if this happens to be you? The short answer is, there are an infinite number of options. Dr. John Jurica, host of the Physician NonClinical Careers Podcast joins me today to discuss the wide variety of options for MD and DO graduates. He also offers a simple 3 step approach for moving forward to find a new direction for yourself.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The credibility that being a medical school graduate gives you in the workforce
- Reframing how you see yourself – what you bring to the table rather than any perceived short-coming
- The importance of finding your own answers versus being influenced by others
- A three-step process for moving forward and finding a new direction
- A wide range of career options you can start to research
Links for this episode:
The World is Your Oyster – Free Download with links to podcasts and blogs by myself and Dr. John Jurica on career areas to consider
The Physician NonClinical Careers Podcast – Dr. John Jurica’s fabulous podcast
No Residency is No Problem – Podcast by Dr. John Jurica
Newscript App – The exciting new app created by Dr. John Jurica and Dr. Tom Davis. For a small monthly fee, you can join hundreds of other clinicians seeking to find fulfilling and fun nontraditional careers. The app includes a forum, live events, free courses, and a growing panel of expert mentors and coaches.
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’re considering a career transition, LinkedIn can be a key part of your success in landing a great job. This course shows you how to create a compelling profile, network successfully, and be strategic in searching for and applying to jobs. The discount code for 20% off is “2021” and it’s good until December 31st at midnight!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: