When she found herself at the crossroads, Dr. Laura Marusinec had no idea she would end up in a great job improving the EMR and training other physicians. In this episode, she shares how saying yes to an opportunity to be an EPIC trainer led to a new career path she loves in informatics. We also hear about strategies she used to move forward from uncertainty that can be applied to any career transition. In addition, we learn some different ways to explore this area of informatics and working with the EMR.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The tough time when Dr. Laura Marusinec found herself in “Nowhere’s Zone”
- How saying yes to being an EPIC trainer was the start of a new career
- How both patience and persistence were required to forge a new path
- What Laura’s day-to-day workflow is like
- Laura’s portfolio career combining informatics, urgent care, and medical writing
- Ways you can explore working in informatics and with the EMR.
Links for this episode:
HIMSS – Health Information Management and Systems Society
AMIA – American Medical Informatics Association
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: