Have you considered applying to roles in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industries, but are struggling to figure out which positions fit your skill set? This is a common source of confusion for physicians transitioning to these industries, which is why our returning guest today, Dr. Laura McKain, is here to demystify this lingo for us. Dr. McKain worked in the pharmaceutical industry for almost 15 years before transitioning to consulting and she’s here to discuss what different industry roles entail, the skills needed for these positions, and who might be a good fit.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. McKain’s journey from a clinical to a nonclinical career
- Different functional areas common to these industries
- Job titles found in each functional area
- What makes someone a good fit for each role
- The type of experience needed for these positions
- How to gain experience and enhance your resume for industry roles
- Typical compensation for these positions
Links for this episode:
Dr. Laura McKain’s LinkedIn Profile
Dr. McKain’s Pharma Industry Special Interest Group (PISIG)
Podcast #43: Start Networking To Open Doors
Podcast #76: How This Physician Solved The No Experience Issue To Get Into Pharma
Insider’s Guide to Pharma – Download this free resource that will give you an overview of the different roles available to physicians in the pharmaceutical industry.
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: