How many of us love going to networking events, schmoozing, and asking for advice? No one I know! But the good news is with the internet, networking is much easier than it used to be. Networking can truly open doors as some 60% of jobs are filled through networking and employee referrals. Join us today as my wonderful guest Dr. Laura McKain, founder of the Physician Nonclinal Career Hunters Facebook Group, and pharma expert, shares her practical advice and tips on how to be a successful networker.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How Dr. Laura McKain found her first nonclinical job through an unexpected connection
- Why networking gives you a competitive advantage in the job search
- How networking has become easier with the internet
- The importance of being on LinkedIn
- Do’s and don’ts for reaching out for advice
- Why introverts can be great at networking
- The 3 C’s when networking:
Links for this episode:
Pharma Industry Special Interest Group information: This is a great offering by Dr. Laura McKain for those who want to learn more about pharma and participate in a group that will help you build knowledge and skills to become a competitive candidate for landing a job.
Physician Nonclinical Career Hunters Facebook Group: If you’re not already a member of this excellent Facebook group started by Dr. Laura McKain, I highly recommend joining this very supportive community to learn more about nonclinical careers and opportunities.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: