Seeking validation is a normal human behavior – whether we realize we are doing it or not. This can be especially true for physicians, who are often natural people pleasers. However, if you are considering a career or life change, it’s important not to let the need for validation from others hold you back from doing what’s best for you. In today’s solo episode (my 100th podcast!), I’m discussing all things validation, including the different types of validation and how to process your own need for validation.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Why we feel the need for validation
- One of my listeners who found validation through this podcast
- The special role of validation from our parents
- How to listen and trust your feelings without judgment
- The difference between external and internal validation
- Using lived experience as a form of validation
- My personal experience finding validation in my career change
Links for this episode:
Check out our Free Resources! Under the Freebie tab on our website, you can find free resource guides on a variety of topics including resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, medical writing, pharma, chart review, and telemedicine. There is also a starter kit to help you move forward when you’re feeling stuck at the crossroads. Please help yourself!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: