Why would a dermatologist ever leave medicine? Isn’t this a dream job? In this episode, I share my very personal story of how I started out as a dermatologist but ended up leaving medicine – without a Plan B plan. You’ll hear about a time I refer to as “the crash” when things fell apart, and how I forged a new direction, creating the Doctor’s Crossing and doing the work I love helping 100’s of physicians with their own careers.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How I made the decision to go into medicine
- What it was like running my own dermatology practice
- The time when everything fell apart
- The commitment I made to myself
- How I left dermatology and fell in love with helping physicians
- The good, the bad, and the ugly!
Links for this episode:
Timeline exercise and template – this includes a sample of my own timeline as well as several templates you can use to chart your own career path.
Thank you for listening!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this trailer:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
If you’re excited about the Carpe Diem podcast at all, please take a minute to support the show by:
- Sharing this show with friends or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
- Leaving a review and rating on Apple iTunes. (Thank you!!)
- Subscribing to one of the podcast players below!
Other ways to enjoy the show: