Why would a dermatologist ever leave medicine? Isn’t this a dream job? In this episode, I share my very personal story of how I started out as a dermatologist but ended up leaving medicine – without a Plan B plan. You’ll hear about a time I refer to as “the crash” when things fell apart, and how I forged a new direction, creating the Doctor’s Crossing and doing the work I love helping 100’s of physicians with their own careers.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How I made the decision to go into medicine
- What it was like running my own dermatology practice
- The time when everything fell apart
- The commitment I made to myself
- How I left dermatology and fell in love with helping physicians
- The good, the bad, and the ugly!
Links for this episode:
Timeline exercise and template – this includes a sample of my own timeline as well as several templates you can use to chart your own career path.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
If you’re excited about the Carpe Diem podcast at all, please take a minute to support the show by:
- Sharing this show with friends or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
- Leaving a review and rating on Apple iTunes. (Thank you!!)
- Subscribing to one of the podcast players below!
Other ways to enjoy the show: