Sometimes you have to leave medicine to find out what the right path is for you. In this episode, an intern leaves after her first year and begins a nonclinical career in medical communications. But that’s not the end of the story. Find out the unexpected turn that happened and what this young physician discovered about herself and decision-making. If you’re at the crossroads yourself, this may be helpful for your own journey.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- An intern who struggled with self-doubt and a lack of confidence.
- Her decision to leave medicine after her first year.
- Her nonclinical job in medical communications.
- What happened that made her reconsider her decision.
- The surprising turn of events.
- How she’s rocking her current career path.
- Decision making, what helps, and what gets in our way.
Links for this episode:
Leaving Medicine – Should I stay or should I go? Podcast Episode #1
This episode looks at this million-dollar question and gives you a three-step process to help you with finding your own answer.
Physician Transition Starter Kit
This 25-page guide can help if you’re at the white coat crossroads and unsure which path to follow. It includes a lot of information, advice, and resources.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: