If you’re someone who enjoys the detective work within medicine, disability reviews may be just the field for you. Dr. Tim Bergan joins us today to share his journey in the field of disability and worker’s compensation review. His journey began as a family physician in the Navy, where an interest in occupational medicine first took hold as he witnessed the wide range of accidents and injuries that can happen on a large aircraft carrier. We delve into his career path and discuss the ins and outs of doing disability reviews.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The unique experience of a family physician on a Navy ship
- Common specialties for doing disability reviews
- What sort of experience and training is necessary to enter this field
- How Dr. Bergan was able to advocate for his patient and have her case approved
- Typical compensation for both independent reviews and full-time employment
- Where to start your job search if you’re interested in case reviews
- What type of personality would most enjoy this work
Links for this episode:
Dr. Tim Bergan on LinkedIn
Chart Review List & Tips – Chart review is a great way to use your medical knowledge, earn side income, and develop new skills. This guide includes more than 50 chart review companies and a sample email template for reaching out to recruiters.
Looking for more information on a specific topic or career direction? Use the search function on the podcast page and explore over 150 available episodes.
🎉OUR BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL IS HERE: We’re offering the LinkedIn Course for Physicians or The Carpe Diem Resume Kit for 30% off with code: BLACKFRIDAY 🎉
My LinkedIn video course walks you through creating your own stand-out LinkedIn profile and gives you step-by-step instructions for networking, sending messages, searching for and applying to jobs.
LinkedIn is where most of my clients do their online networking and land jobs.
You can learn more about the course HERE. Make sure to use the discount code BLACKFRIDAY for 30% off!
The Resume Kit will help you convert your CV to a Rockstar Resume so that you can land that nonclinical job! It comes with video tutorials, step-by-step guides, bonus resources, resume templates, and so much more.
The discount code is good RIGHT NOW until Sunday, November 26th at Midnight.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: