If you are on the hunt for your perfect nonclinical role, you’ve probably heard a lot of different job titles – but what do these positions really entail? Today we are opening the ‘black box’ of pharma once again to shed light on Medial Monitors, with special guest and former client Dr. Jason Steinberg. Dr. Steinberg highlights the responsibilities of a medical monitor at a large Contract Research Organization, and how he found both job satisfaction and a work-life balance in this field.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dispelling the mystery around this nonclinical profession
- How burnout and repetition led Dr. Steinberg to the white coat crossroads
- The day-to-day duties of a medical monitor
- How to process adverse event reports
- What really goes on in a bid defense meeting
- Who would be a great fit for this role
- Important details such as compensation and qualifications
Links for this episode:
What Exactly Does A Medical Monitor Do – Blog with Dr. Kelly Curtis
Pharma Insider’s Guide – Get an overview of the different areas for physicians in pharma as well as tips to start building your platform to make a transition.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: