Are you desiring a career change that is both engaging and impactful? If so, you are in the right place! I am so excited to share this episode on a topic we have not explored much on this podcast: public health. Our guest today is Dr. Lynn Sosa, the Director of Infectious Disease and State Epidemiologist for the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Dr. Sosa shares the journey that got her there, her passion for her work, and advice for those interested in joining this sector.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Sosa’s high school experience that shaped her career path
- The variety of her day-to-day activities as a Director of Infectious Disease
- Why she finds infectious diseases and public health satisfying and engaging work
- The broad possibilities of a role in public health
- What you can expect for compensation
- A number of options for finding a door into this job sector
- Do you need an MPH, licensure, or board certification?
Links for this episode:
USAjob.gov – Job postings
CDC – Job postings
Emory Health – Includes postings for public health in general and is not exclusive Emory
ASTHO – Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
CSTE – Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
IDSA – Infectious Disease Society of America
If you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed, unsure of what steps to take, or worry you’ll make the wrong decision, I’ve got your back. Whether you are interested in a one time consultation or further coaching, I am here to help you carpe that diem. Click here to learn more about my coaching services, or email the team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: