iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
If you’ve heard about nonclinical physician roles in the life insurance industry, was your first thought “I don’t want to sell insurance”? This is one of the many misconceptions about the field that today’s returning guest, Dr. Megan Leivant, an internal medicine physician who transitioned to a role in life insurance medicine, is here to discuss. Dr. Leivant will also catch us up on her career path since her last appearance, review opportunities for physicians in the life insurance industry, share how to get started, and more!
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What the role of life insurance medical director entails
- The types of cases Megan reviews in her day-to-day work
- How denying coverage is (thankfully) not part of Dr. Leivant’s job
- Qualifications needed to work in this field
- Ways to network and learn more about life insurance roles
- Typical compensation for life insurance medical director roles
- Growth opportunities, including “what exactly is reinsurance?”
Links for this episode:
AAIM American Academy of Insurance Medicine
Insider’s Guide to Life Insurance Medicine
Episode 8 Life Insurance – A Hidden Gem Of A Nonclinical Career with Dr. Megan Leivant
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
Leave a Comment