If you’re interested in pharma but believe you can’t get a job because you lack prior experience, drug safety is a great entry point for physicians. For some of the jobs, you don’t need a medical license or to have done a residency. In this episode, my guest is Dr. Ruth Namuyinga who loves her work in drug safety. She is here to talk about what physicians do in this role and how drug safety is a viable option for those without prior experience.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Namuyinga’s story that started out in Uganda and led to her passion for working in drug safety.
- The kind of work physicians do in drug safety.
- The scoop on licensure and board certification requirements.
- Tips for getting into this area.
- Compensation for pharma jobs.
Links for this episode:
www.doctorscrossing.com/pharma – Your Insider’s Guide to Pharma. Get an overview of the different areas for physicians in pharma as well as tips to start building your platform to make a transition.
The Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Everything you need to convert your CV to a resume, including templates and a bonus section on cover letters. Crafting a resume for a specific nonclinical job is key for increasing your chances of getting that coveted interview.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
If you’re excited about the Carpe Diem podcast at all, please take a minute to support the show by:
- Leaving a review and rating on Apple iTunes. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. (Thank you!!)
- Sharing this show with friends or on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
- Subscribing to one of the podcast players below!
Other ways to enjoy the show: