You likely know many of your personality traits. Are you loyal? A caregiver? A protector? But have you ever considered how your combination of personality traits might play a role in what jobs are the best fit for you? This is where the Enneagram comes in! In today’s episode, which is part one of a two-part series, I’ll be taking a deep dive into this incredible tool with fellow physician and coach Dr. Karen Barnard. We’ll discuss how you can use the Enneagram for both improved self-understanding and identification of the work types and environments that best fit your personality.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How to use the Enneagram as a personal and professional growth tool
- Why and how your personality develops early in childhood
- The gifts and liabilities of personality traits
- What information the Enneagram offers and how to utilize it
- Detailed descriptions of personality types 1-4
- Which work settings and types often appeal to those with types 1-4
- How types 1-4 can use the Enneagram to build self-awareness
Links for this episode:
Take the Enneagram Personality Assessment (RHETI) $12
Enneagram Institute – Learn more about the Enneagram Types
Burning out? Recommendations For Your Personality Type – This is a previous blog post with suggestions for burnout based on each Enneagram Personality Type.
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’d like to learn how to customize your LinkedIn profile to make it stand out to recruiters, this course walks you through all the steps with short, actionable videos and cheat sheets for each lesson. This course takes the guesswork out of using LinkedIn!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: