In planning a transition to a nonclinical career, have you considered the role your personality plays in choosing the job that fits you best? Understanding your personality type can help you recognize which jobs are a good match for you. Enter the Enneagram! In this second episode of a two-part series, physician and coach Dr. Karen Barnard joins me again for a detailed look at this handy tool. We’ll discuss personality types 5-9, their gifts and liabilities, and how to use the Enneagram for personal and professional growth.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How you can take the Enneagram test
- Detailed descriptions of personality types 5-9
- What work settings those with personality types 5-9 may be drawn to
- Recommendations for personal growth based on personality type
- Which personality types are more common for physicians
- Using the Enneagram to better understand others in your life
- How we all have elements of each personality type within us
Links for this episode:
Take the Enneagram Personality Assessment (RHETI) $12
Enneagram Institute – Learn more about the Enneagram Types
Burning out? Recommendations For Your Personality Type – This is a previous blog post with suggestions for burnout based on each Enneagram Personality Type.
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: