Have you ever wished you were able to help your patients create a healthier lifestyle rather than just treating the diseases that can result from unhealthy habits? Today’s guest, Dr. Heather Hammerstedt, is an ER physician who has been passionate about helping others live healthier lives since before medical school – and now she harnesses the principles of lifestyle medicine to do just that. She’ll discuss what fueled her interest in this area, what lifestyle medicine is, different ways to practice in the field, and how to pursue a career in lifestyle medicine.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How lifestyle medicine is different from integrative and functional medicine
- What sparked Dr. Hammerstedt’s interest in the field
- Heather’s career path from ER physician to lifestyle medicine coach
- Different lifestyle medicine practice and reimbursement models
- The difference between lifestyle medicine as a physician vs. a coach
- How Dr. Hammerstedt’s company, Wholist, approaches lifestyle coaching
- Ways for you to explore a career in lifestyle medicine
Links for this episode:
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: