Many physicians are reluctant to work in health insurance but once they become an employee, they often like their job. Today we hear from interventional radiologist Dr. Robert Kanterman why he enjoys his work as a medical director for a large health insurer. We learn about his role doing utilization management, what he likes and dislikes, and what’s required to get hired. He addresses the common concerns around doing this work and why believes it is not going to the dark side but helpful in different ways.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Robert Kanterman’s role as a medical director for a health insurance company
- His special area working in Appeals and Grievances
- What he does during a typical day
- What he likes and doesn’t like about the work
- How he finds working remotely compared to being in practice
- What you can expect in terms of compensation
- The minimum qualifications needed to land a job in health insurance
Links for this episode:
Dr. Robert Kanterman’s LinkedIn Profile
Episode 14 Things to do before leaving medicine with Dr. Robert Kanterman
Episode 40 Chart review with Dr. Rinku Mehra
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’re considering a career transition, LinkedIn can be a key part of your success in landing a great job. This course shows you how to create a compelling profile, network successfully, and be strategic in searching for and applying to jobs. The discount code for 20% off is “2021” and it’s good until December 31st at midnight!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: