Today we’re looking at this question of whether or not work culture can trump the work itself. My guest, Dr. Jenny Goss, a board-certified OB/Gyn thought she was taking a temporary nonclinical job to help with burnout but ended up loving the company culture so much she decided to stay. We look at the different ways this company makes it so enjoyable to be an employee and what the work itself is like. Dr. Goss also shares some key tips on how to assess a company’s culture when you’re interviewing for a job.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Why Dr. Jenny Goss left OB/Gyn practice
- The different types of jobs she tried out to address her burnout
- How the job she thought would be temporary became one she loves
- What the company does to make her and the other employees feel valued
- The type of work she does in her role as a medical director
- How Jenny’s Enneagram Personality Type (#5 – The Observer) influences the type of work and environment that’s a good fit for her
- Ways to assess company culture when interviewing for a job
Links for this episode:
LinkedIn for Physicians – My new hot off the press online video course that helps you create a stand-out LinkedIn profile, have success networking, and find great jobs
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: