How would you like to still use your medical knowledge and keep learning new things, but not be stressed out by the challenges of patient care? If so, being a CDI specialist might be just the ticket. Today I’m speaking with Dr. Jenn Jolley, a general surgeon who put the scalpel down to work in Clinical Documentation Improvement so she could still use her medical training but have more family time. Come find out why she left surgery, what her day-to-day is like, and how to explore this flexible career path.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Jenn Jolley’s transition from surgeon to CDI specialist
- What it’s like to work in Clinical Documentation Improvement
- What Jenn’s typical day is like
- The teamwork she does with her coding partner
- What qualifications are needed for this kind of work?
- The good news – no prior coding experience is necessary
- Why Jenn does not regret leaving surgery
- Some steps you can take to explore working CDI
Links for this episode:
ACDIS.org – The Association of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists
Ahima.org – The American Health Information Management Association – Training and Educational Resources
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: