When you’re unhappy at your job it’s a good idea to try and fix it up before you give it up. What might make it better? Do you want to go down in hours? Change your schedule? Do less trauma calls? Before throwing in the towel or simply enduring, it’s important to see what can be improved. Our guest today, ENT surgeon and podcaster, Dr. Bradley Block, joins me to talk about how to approach your employer to ask for what you want. We talk about steps to take to help you negotiate and have the best chance of success.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What led Dr. Brad Block to start his own podcast for physicians
- Our leverage in the workplace, in spite of recent layoffs
- Finding common ground when asking for what you want
- Figuring out what are the “pictures” in the employer’s head
- The “nuclear option” of looking elsewhere for a job
- The benefits of building relationships before negotiating
- How negotiations often are more incremental than one-and-done
Links for this episode:
Physician’s Guide to Doctoring Podcast – Host Dr. Bradley Block
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: