A common trap for physicians to fall into when considering a career change is fear-based thinking. Fear-based thinking makes us focus more on problems rather than possibilities. In this podcast, my guest Dr. Jennifer Vick and I demonstrate an exercise you can use for getting out of the fear trap. Dr. Vick shares how she was able to shift her own mindset to find a new direction. Come join in and learn a technique you can use when fear-based thinking is keeping you stuck.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The trap Dr. Jennifer Vick was in at the white-coat-crossroads
- The characteristics of fear-based and trust-based thinking
- A live demo of Jennifer illustrating fear-based thinking
- A live demo of Jennifer illustrating trust-based thinking
- “Red circle thinking” versus “green circle thinking”
- The key reframe and resources that helped Jennifer get unstuck
Links for this episode:
Fear versus trust in leaving medicine – Blog post which includes a homework exercise you can do on your own. Includes an audio example from my own challenge with fear-based thinking!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: