How we speak and the words we choose have a big impact on the impressions we make on others and our self-confidence. Are you aware of whether or not you use filler or hedge words? We often don’t even realize our speech habits unless we record ourselves. Our guest Tracy Hooper is here to help us choose words that empower us and lose the ones that don’t. She is the Founder of The Confidence Project and author of The New Hello. She also has extensive experience in broadcast TV news and voice-over work.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How the words we use create an impression, for better or worse
- Filler words to avoid such as um, so, like, you know, and right
- Hedge words and how they can work against us
- Three ways bad speech habits get into our vocabulary
- Tips on how to lose the words that don’t serve you
- The virtuous confidence loop that comes from choosing empowering words
Links for this episode:
The NEW Hello: WHAT TO SAY WHAT TO DO IN THE NEW WORLD OF WORK, by Tracy Hooper
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: