We never know how the worst things that can happen to us can end up transforming who we are and what we do. Our guest, Dr. Kevin Gendreau, has experienced heartbreaking losses in his personal life, one of which happened when he was just a teenager. However, these losses ended up leading in an unexpected way to a gem of a career niche in obesity medicine. Dr. Gendreau shares his incredibly inspiring story and gives us a lot of actionable advice about how physicians can get started helping patients in the highly rewarding area of weight loss medicine.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Kevin Gendreau’s story from tragic loss to a new career direction
- Kevin’s remarkable weight loss of 125 pounds
- How Kevin got started helping patients with weight loss
- Kevin’s transition from full-time practice in family medicine to obesity medicine
- The approach Kevin uses with his weight loss patients
- CME pathway for Board Certification in Obesity Medicine
- Ways to get started exploring obesity medicine while in practice
Links for this episode:
Connecting with Kevin
Kevingendreau.com – website
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: