Should you send in your CV or a resume for a nonclinical job? In many cases, a customized resume will give you the best chance of landing that coveted interview. Find out why from our guest, Krista Grant, a highly experienced physician recruiter for both clinical and nonclinical jobs. She helps us understand why a resume is often preferable over a CV. She also gives us a wealth of concrete advice about how to craft a resume that will showcase why we are a great fit for a specific job.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The difference between a CV and a resume
- Why a summary section is important
- Why you don’t have to limit yourself to one page
- Keywords and how to use them
- The Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Why you may be “ghosted” by recruiters
- How to spice up your resume with power words
- What to do about a gap on your resume
Links for this episode:
Top 10 Resume Tips – Get my free PDF download and learn the top 10 tips to create a resume that stands out.
Your CV to Resume Conversion Kit – This DIY kit guides you step-by-step on creating a customized resume for nonclinical jobs. It includes easy-to-use templates as well as a bonus section on cover letters.
Krista Grant – Krista Grant works for a wide variety of healthcare systems filling many of their most challenging positions. She also helps physicians land their dream jobs by acting as their career agent for clinical, nonclinical, and leadership roles nationwide. To learn more please call or text Krista at: 318.572.8579
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: