Career change is challenging, no doubt. The landscape is unfamiliar and we can get stuck by roadblocks that are not in front of us but in our mind. These mental blocks can keep us from taking the first key step forward. But it doesn’t have to end like this. In our episode, I’m joined by Dr. Heidi Moawad, author of Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine, as we address 4 of the most common career-change roadblocks. We share specific action steps so you don’t get stuck at the crossroads.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Moawad’s transition from Neurology into writing and teaching
- Top 4 Roadblocks related to career change
- The Identity Crisis
- Fear of failure
- Worries over income dropping
- Feeling overwhelmed without clear steps forward
- Action steps for each of the 4 roadblocks
- Dr. Moawad’s book, Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine
Links for this episode:
Slay Those Roadblocks With Action Steps – This homework exercise addresses 6 of the most common career transition roadblocks and gives you concrete action steps for each one.
Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine by Dr. Heidi Moawad
Nonclinicaldoctors.com Dr. Heidi Moawad’s website
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: