We hear a lot about the FDA in the news, but what would it be like to work there as a physician? It can seem like a big black box. Our guest, Dr. Andrew Mulberg, is a pediatric gastroenterologist who has worked not only at the FDA, but also in academia, and for pharma. He gives us a window into working at the FDA and why he feels it is a great organization for physicians who want to serve the public. You will also hear how he compares and contrasts the FDA to pharma.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The role the FDA plays in bringing drugs to market
- The day-to-day work at the FDA
- Whether or not you need to have an inside connection to get hired
- The type of physician who might be drawn to working at the FDA
- How Dr. Mulberg feels about his time at this agency
Links for this episode:
USA.gov Federal Job Site
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: