Just because you chose a particular specialty doesn’t mean you’re necessarily stuck there. If you find yourself feeling dissatisfied in practice but still want to care for patients, there are options. Family physician Dr. Emily Burns knew she wasn’t happy after 15 years of practice but she wasn’t sure what path to take. Join us to discover how she found a new direction and deep satisfaction through a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What it was like for Dr. Emily Burns at the crossroads
- The steps she took to figure out a path forward
- How she navigated a fellowship mid-career with a family
- What it’s like to work in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Steps to take to explore Hospice and Palliative Care
- The importance of finding true career alignment
Links for this episode:
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: