After never feeling that she fit in with how medicine was practiced, a family physician decides something needs to change. She loved her patients and hearing their stories, but there was never enough time to spend with them. Without knowing what direction her career would take, she set out to discover where she could be more in her element. Her search ultimately led to a career in coaching where she works with medical students, residents, and employees of Fortune 500 companies. Find out how she made her transition!
In this episode we’re talking about:
- When the practice of medicine is incongruous with who you are.
- How you can love your patients but ultimately decide to leave.
- The Imposter Syndrome.
- Finding a new direction through coaching.
- Working as a coach without having to run your own business.
Links for this episode:
Aspiring Coach Guide – If you’re interested in becoming a coach, this guide has information on coach training programs, including testimonials from graduates as well as coaching books and several websites with podcasts for aspiring coaches.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: