Fix it up before you give it up. Leaving medicine is a big deal, but burnout can have you looking for the nearest exit sign. In order to have no regrets, it’s helpful to do everything you can to make things better before leaving. In this podcast, interventional radiologist Dr. Robert Kanterman talks about the 5 things he did over a number of years to improve his situation before deciding to transition. Find out how ice cream figured in.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The value of “fixing it up before you give it up”
- 5 thing to do before leaving medicine
- Dr. Robert Kanterman’s transition story
- Out-of-the-box options like having an ice-cream parlor
- How doing less and saying “No” can be a good thing
Links for this episode:
Download the Physician Transition Starter Kit Here
A “must have” when you’re questioning your career path. This 25-page guide answers many of your questions about career transition, nonclinical options, and how to just get started.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: