Once you leave medicine, it can be hard to get back in. You don’t want to close doors unnecessarily. Dr. Robert Steele, an expert on physician reentry is here to share steps to take before you consider leaving as well as options for reentry if you decide to return. You’ll hear some inspiring stories of physicians who were able to get back in as well as learn about a great reentry program that is a 3-month mini-residency.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What to know about reentry before you decide to leave medicine
- Some possible pathways for reentry
- A mini-residency program where physicians can regain their skills
- Several true physician reentry stories
- Why there’s hope if you’ve been out for a while and want to return
Links for this episode:
PDF on Reentry and Retraining Programs
This PDF on Reentry above will give you a table with information about these programs listed below as well as contact information.
KSTAR/UTMB Health Mini-Residency Program
KSTAR/DRISCOLL Children’s Hospital Mini-Residency Program (for pediatricians)
Center for Personalized Education for Professionals (CPEP)
Drexel Medicine Physician Refresher/Reentry Course
LifeGuard Assessment and Reentry Program
Physician Assessment and Clinical Education (PACE)
Physician Retraining and Reentry ( PRR)
Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: