There is no denying being a surgeon is stressful. Long days in the OR, operating in the middle of the night, complications, too much time doing administrative duties… It’s no wonder surgeons are looking for nonclinical options. Dr. Tracy Pitt, a bariatric surgeon, shares his story of leaving medicine for a job in drug safety with a Contract Research Organization. Find out how he did it and why he’s not looking back.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The stresses of being a surgeon
- The steps Dr. Tracy Pitt took to change careers
- His role as a drug safety medical director
- What a CRO or contract research organization is
- Compensation for physicians in pharma/CROs
Links for this episode:
www.doctorscrossing.com/pharma – Your Insider’s Guide to Pharma. Get an overview of the different areas for physicians in pharma as well as tips to start building your platform to make a transition.
The Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Everything you need to convert your CV to a resume, including templates and a bonus section on cover letters. Crafting a resume for a specific nonclinical job is key for increasing your chances of getting that coveted interview.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: