If achieving work-life balance proves challenging within your clinical position, transitioning to a medical director role at a benefit management company could offer a potential solution for you. Our guest today, Dr. Michele Cho Dorado, is a pediatric gastroenterologist and medical director. She is also a children’s book author and founder of Bright Futures EDG. Dr. Cho Dorado will be sharing how and why she got into the role of medical director at a benefit management company, what her day-to-day work is like, qualifications for this job, typical compensation, and how you can pursue this type of role.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Why Dr. Cho Dorado decided to leave her role as pediatric gastroenterologist
- How leaving her clinical role freed up mental space and opened new doors to creative entrepreneurial pursuits
- Michele’s typical day in her current role
- Her perspective on peer-to-peer calls
- How to know if you’d be a good fit for this role
- What qualifications are needed for these roles
- Compensation ranges for medical directors
Links for this episode:
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: