Did you know that little things you do every day in your role as a physician make you a valuable knowledge consultant for companies? It’s true! Biotech, pharma, and other industries are always looking for physicians with expertise in a variety of areas to share their knowledge and experience with them. My guest today, Alison Davis, is the General Manager of Corporate Markets for GLG, a company that matches physician consultants with clients needing their expertise. She’ll discuss what knowledge consulting is and how you can get started.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How Alison came to work for GLG
- The types of activities knowledge consultants engage in with clients
- Why clients aren’t always seeking just your medical knowledge
- How to join the GLG network
- A behind-the-scenes look at how consultants are matched to clients
- Whether you need to be licensed or board certified for knowledge consulting
- Compensation for this type of work
Links for this episode:
If you are interested in being a knowledge consulted for GLG please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog Post – A Nonclinical Side Hustle Where Physicians Can Make Money Waiting Around – with Dr. Robert Cooper
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – If you’d like to learn how to customize your LinkedIn profile to make it stand out to recruiters, this course walks you through all the steps with short, actionable videos and cheat sheets for each lesson. This course takes the guesswork out of using LinkedIn!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: