iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
Have you ever heard of a matchmaker for physicians? And no, I don’t mean a romantic matchmaker – I mean a professional matchmaker who helps you find a clinical role that’s a great fit! My guest today, family medicine physician Dr. Lara Hochman, runs a business that does exactly this. She’s here to discuss how to understand your priorities and assess whether a job is right for you. Dr. Hochman will also share some helpful tips on how to play detective during an interview to find out what a workplace is really like.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How the trap of big hospital contracts sparked Dr. Hochman’s business idea
- Why identifying your priorities is an important first step in any job search
- Factors besides money to consider when exploring your job options
- The most important questions to ask on a job interview
- How to phrase your interview questions to get informative answers
- Why it’s always best to let a practice know who you are when you interview
- Stories of physicians Lara helped find a better professional match
Links for this episode:
Connect with Lara Hochman:
- Website: www.happydayhealth.co
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/larahochman/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorwNuzOmzeH25dDy6i6N5w
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@happydaymd
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/happydaymd/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HappyDayMD1
Episode #28 – How To Negotiate Your Physician Employment Contract
Episode #49 – Giving Notice and Non-Competes
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Leave a Comment