While many physicians are able to spend time pondering their transition out of clinical practice, some are faced with acute challenges that abruptly end their clinical careers. This is what happened to today’s guest, Dr. Stephanie Pearson. Dr. Pearson loved her work as an Ob/Gyn, but when she experienced a severe injury during a delivery that left her unable to practice, her career path took a sharp turn. She’ll share her post-injury emotional struggles and how the issues she encountered with her own disability insurance led her to become an insurance broker and physician advocate.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What Dr. Pearson learned about her own disability insurance once she was disabled
- Why Stephanie began speaking with physicians about disability insurance
- How her passion about this topic led to her new career as an insurance broker
- What kinds of roles are available for physicians in the insurance industry
- The emotional struggles Stephanie overcame following her injury
- Why disability insurance is so important for physicians
- How physicians can transition into insurance work
Links for this episode:
PearsonRavitz – Disability and life insurance company owned by Dr. Stephanie Peason and Mr. Scott Ravitz. Focused on providing coverage with integrity to healthcare professional.
Doctor’s Crossing Carpe Diem Podcast: Expert Witness, IMEs, and Life Care Plans
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: