Have you heard that you’ll take a pay cut by leaving clinical medicine and going into industry? Or that you can’t get a job in pharma without prior experience? My guest today, Dr. Marjorie Stiegler, is here to bust myths like these that have found their way into physician folklore. Dr. Stiegler is an anesthesiologist and Executive Director in Medical Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry in addition to being a coach, speaker, and podcast host. She’s here to break down common misconceptions about entering industry and offer advice to physicians looking to transition into the field.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How Dr. Stiegler’s career path led her into the pharmaceutical industry
- Why Marjorie finds her new role personally and professionally fulfilling
- 3 common myths about entering pharma
- The real scoop on salary, prior experience, and transferable skills
- How to look for entry level pharma jobs
- The typical compensation and schedule for pharma roles
- How to reframe your skills into industry specific language
Links for this episode:
Dr. Stielgler’s Industry Insider Course – In this course you will have step-by-step instructions on how to land a physician job in pharma/biotech without prior experience or special connections. 12 hours of CME! Note, I am an affiliate for this course and receive a small commission if you purchase using this link. This does not affect the price you pay.
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: