iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
When you’re feeling burned out, sometimes all it takes is just one little thing to spark an “a-ha” realization that it’s time for a change. That’s what happened to Dr. Lara Salyer when an email about a new workplace dress code proved to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. Today we’ll learn how Dr. Salyer used creativity and fun as key elements in transforming her career, a process which led to her starting a solo integrative practice and publishing the book, Right Brain Rescue. Lara shares with us why bringing in creativity and fun are so important when you’re figuring out your career path. In addition, she offers a 4-step process you can use to incorporate more creativity and fun in your life and career.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What led Dr. Lara Salyer to realize she was burned out
- The tools Lara used to find clarity, flow, and her muse
- What exactly is functional and integrative medicine
- Dr. Salyer’s new day-to-day life practicing functional medicine
- Four steps to bring more fun and creativity into your life and career
- How to become realigned with who you really are
- Lara’s book, Right Brain Rescue
Links for this episode:
- Dr. Lara Salyer’s Website
- Right Brain Rescue: One Physician’s Journey from Burnout to Bliss Reveals the Creative Muse in All of Us, by Dr. Lara Salyer
- See One Hear One Feel One Podcast – Technique for being present
- Your CV to Resume Conversion Kit – This DIY kit guides you step-by-step on creating a customized resume for nonclinical jobs. It includes easy-to-use templates as well as a bonus section on cover letters.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Leave a Comment