Is stress or burnout from your career affecting your marriage or significant relationship? It’s hard not to let work bleed into your home life. Stress can be so insidious you may not even be aware of its true impact. In this episode, I have the unique opportunity to talk with a family medicine physician and her husband about how they dealt with her career stress and unhappiness. You’ll get to hear their individual perspectives and how they worked through a difficult time in their marriage. If you’re struggling with burnout, married or not, this episode offers helpful wisdom and insight for finding a way through.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How physician burnout can affect your intimate relationships.
- How a family practice physician and her husband navigated her career stress and burnout.
- Their Enneagram personality types and how they factored in.
- What each of them learned from going through a difficult time.
- Tips for other physicians and their partners dealing with career stress.
Links for this episode:
Marriage Counseling: What to do when only one person wants to go. This is a blog I wrote a while back where I interviewed a marriage counselor.
Below are is a list of several books on couples and relationships.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: