iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
Not everyone who attends medical school goes on to do a residency. And for different reasons, not all physicians finish a residency. What kind of opportunities are available if this happens to be you? The short answer is, there are an infinite number of options. Today, we’re revisiting a popular past episode where Dr. John Jurica, host of the Physicians Nonclinical Careers Podcast, discussed the wide variety of options for MD and DO graduates. He also offers a simple 3 step approach for moving forward to find a new direction for yourself.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- The credibility that being a medical school graduate gives you in the workforce
- Reframing how you see yourself and what you bring to the table
- The importance of finding your own answers instead of being influenced by others
- A three-step process for moving forward and finding a new direction
- Potential career areas from medical writing to pharma to FDA or the NIH, finance, start-ups, and more!
Links for this episode:
The World is Your Oyster – Free Download with links to podcasts and blogs by myself and Dr. John Jurica on career areas and sectors that you can potentially do without residency or a medical license.
The Physician Nonclinical Careers Podcast – Dr. John Jurica’s fabulous podcast
Newscript App – The exciting new app created by Dr.. John Jurica and Dr. Tom Davis. For a small monthly fee, you can join hundreds of other clinicians seeking to find fulfilling and fun nontraditional careers. The app includes a forum, live events, free courses, and a growing panel of expert mentors and coaches.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Leave a Comment