Physicians often leave clinical medicine not because they don’t want to see patients anymore, but because they are burned out from the charting, long hours, and lack of flexibility that come with the role. But what if I told you that a clinical option exists that allows you to keep caring for patients without these common headaches? This is what today’s guest, Dr. Heather Awad, a family medicine physician who transitioned to wound care, is here to discuss, along with why she loves this role and how you can pursue this option if it interests you.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Awad’s journey from family medicine to wound care
- How a career coach helped Heather find a role that fit her needs
- The day-to-day work of a wound care physician
- Training protocols and requirements for this role
- Schedule flexibility, hours, and charting responsibilities
- Typical compensation for this position
- Dr. Awad’s life coaching business, focusing on weight loss
Links for this episode:
Vibrant-MD – Dr. Heather Awad’s Website
Check out our Free Resources! Under the Freebie tab on our website, you can find free resource guides on a variety of topics including resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, medical writing, pharma, chart review, and telemedicine. There is also a starter kit to help you move forward when you’re feeling stuck at the crossroads. Please help yourself!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: