What would you do with a little more flexibility? Breathing room in your workday is possible with a remote position in Utilization Management. Joining me today is the multi-passionate Dr. Jonathan Vitale, a family medicine physician, team manager, and physician career coach. Together we discuss various career opportunities for physicians in the health insurance industry, and Dr. Vitale shares valuable insights on transition into these roles, as well as working from home.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Ethical concerns and the illegality of denial quotas and bonuses
- The importance of Utilization Management in the medical industry
- Why job satisfaction is often very high within Utilization Management
- Insider tips to be a competitive job candidate
- The application process and ideal times to apply
- Unexpected opportunities within Utilization Management
- Advice for physicians beginning to work remotely
Links for this episode:
Dr. Jonathan Vitale’s website https://www.drjonathan.com/
Remote Careers for Physicians – Dr. Jonathan Vitale’s Facebook group
Chart review – Chart review is a great way to use your medical knowledge, earn side income, and develop new skills. This guide includes more than 50 chart review companies and a sample email template for reaching out to recruiters.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: