Despite all the hard work and planning, unexpected events can still derail a physician’s career in ways that are beyond our control. This is exactly what happened to today’s guest, who I’m calling Dr. Usman to protect his identity. When things fell apart in his anesthesia residency, Dr. Usman never gave up on his dreams and demonstrated exceptional grit and determination in forging his own path ahead, in spite of multiple barriers in his way. He’ll share his story with us and offer advice for any of you who may be experiencing similar roadblocks on your path to success.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- What led Dr. Usman to pursue practicing medicine in the US
- The event that changed Dr. Usman’s career trajectory
- How he coped with the hand he was dealt
- The long road that followed when Dr. Usman left his residency
- Where Dr. Usman ended up after his long journey
- What kept him motivated and resilient along the way
- Dr. Usman’s advice for others in a similar situation
Links for this episode:
Check out our Free Resouces! Under the Freebie tab on our website, you can find free resource guides on a variety of topics including resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, medical writing, pharma, chart review, and telemedicine. There is also a starter kit to help you move forward when you’re feeling stuck at the crossroads. Please help yourself!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: