If you’ve decided to transition to a nonclinical career, you may be wondering how to make yourself a desirable candidate for the role you want. As a physician, you already bring a lot to the table. Your years of training and experience, excellent people skills, and leadership capabilities are highly desired by employers. However, if you want to set yourself up for success, there are ways to stand out from the crowd. In this second installment of a two-part series about applying to nonclinical jobs, I’ll be sharing 10 concrete steps to enhance your platform as a candidate and land that dream job.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Real stories about my clients with varying experience levels landing nonclinical jobs
- 10 steps you can take to enhance your platform as a candidate
- Making the most of your clinical role to strengthen your resume
- Using projects and courses to boost your desirability
- Taking a “test drive” in an area of interest
- Joining the conversation in your desired field
- Strategically connecting and networking to build relationships
- And more!
Links for this episode:
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – Would you rather clean out your garage or attic than “put yourself out there” and network? No worries! My LinkedIn course is geared to make networking doable and fun. I show you how to connect with people who can be helpful for your career, what to put in your messages, and how to apply strategically for the job you really want. You can learn more about this course right HERE.
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit gives will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter.
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show: